Mississippi Coast Supply's roots to the Gulf coast date back to 1924, when the company was founded by Mr. Henry L. "Red" Schwan as Biloxi Plumbing & Heating. Red started the company because of the lack of readily accessible plumbing supplies in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area. Contractors were having to get supplies from New Orleans or Mobile. Red knew first hand, as he was a local plumbing contractor himself. There was obvious need for a supply house in this area.
In 1956, when Red died, his son Fred Schwan, Sr. took over the family business. (click here for full history)
Today, Mississippi Coast Supply is headed up by Lanny Roch, Sr. who is now General Manager. Lanny, Sr. was a lifelong friend of Fred, Jr. and he joined the company in 1978. MCSC is known as the premier independent supply house serving the Gulf Coast area. We have a beautiful showroom for both consumers and contractors to see, touch and feel the latest in designs from a variety of manufacturers. But a large part of our business is still the average mechanical project where we take pride in catering to the local contractor.
"We keep a good stock. That is where our strength is. Local contractors know that more times that not, we have the inventory they need." Lanny Roch, Sr.